Over half a century of time-proven design.
KOLD-DRAFT ice cubers are compatible with new and old KOLD-DRAFT cubers, crushers, dispensers, and bins.
Many of the parts are interchangeable between models; on the rare occasion a machine needs service, ours are easier to fix than our competitors.
Founded in Dayton, Ohio, KOLD-DRAFT’s original name was Uniflow. The company originally manufactured domestic water pumps.
The founders purchased the company, Uniflow Mfg., and moved it to its present location in Erie, Pennsylvania. The beginning of innovation and pure product dependability.
KOLD-DRAFT began producing automatic ice machines using an “upside down” horizontal evaporator to produce perfect, pure, clean, hard ice cubes—every time.
KOLD-DRAFT MGB Series Marine Ice Cubers are developed specifically to meet rigors and maintenance demands of cruise lines.
KOLD-DRAFT announces that all of its commercial ice machine models meet the California Energy Commission’s 2008 Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
KOLD-DRAFT releases its first undercounter, self contained ice machine that produces the 1.25 x 1.25 x 1.25 full cube.
With six cooling sides, full cubes chill evenly, melt slowly and retain the full flavor of any drink.
Ideal for fast food operations and upscale restaurants.
All-purpose cube for usage in all types of beverages.
Lasts longer without killing carbonation or distorting taste.
Ice Making Technology
PURE WATER FREEZES FIRST
With our KOLD-DRAFT technology, water containing mineral
impurities that affect ice texture and flavor is removed.
THE PERFECT BALANCE OF ART AND SCIENCE
Visualize an ice cube tray, which is called an evaporator, placed upside down atop a molded water plate.
Our evaporator is horizontal made for the most efficient heat transfer while protecting against corrosion. Many of our competitors use a cheaper vertical design that tends to freeze impurities into the water, which creates ice shapes that often stick together.
The horizontal evaporator is refrigerated and has individual cells. Water is vigorously pumped into the cells, each acting as an individual freezing unit.
As the water circulates continuously, air and impurities are eliminated. The results are pure cubes that melt slower.
THE KOLD-DRAFT ADVANTAGE
SLOWER-MELTING, HARDER ICE
our machines produce the exclusive
square-sided ice cube. And it’s larger
than most competitors’ cubes.
maintain carbonation and doesn't
dilute the taste of spirits.
and impurities are removed from the
ice creating ice cubes that remain
ICE FOR EVERYONE
- Consistent ice making output in rough seas
- An enclosed water system to prevent water from splashing out of the machine or into the bin in rough seas
- Heavy gauge 304 stainless steel exterior panels, frames, and USPHS-preferred fasteners that are easy to clean and sanitize while offering great chemical resistance
- Cupro-nickel condensers
- Special marine ground harness
- Water level probe baffle for out of level operation
- Marine coolant system bypass manifold
THE BEST—INSIDE, OUTSIDE AND UPSIDE DOWN
- Perfectly square ice, every piece just like the next.
- Liquid level control GUARANTEES fully formed cubes without over-freezing.
- Capable of producing 200lbs to 1,000lbs of pure ice per day.
- Engineered to give you 99.9% pure ice. A Penn State University study found that KOLD-DRAFT ice contained the lowest amount of calcium carbonate of tested machines.
- On/Off/Wash switch up front.
- Energy efficiency without compromise.
- Controls and wiring isolated from water and food zone.
- Easy front access to compressor, controls, evaporator, motor, liquid level, pump, water plate.
- Stainless steel exterior, panels and frame that resists corrosion.
- Stainless steel skin panels that can be easily replaced to rejuvenate an old machine—great for leasing
- Frame mounting holes are compatible with older Kold-Draft models.
- An older commercial ice machine can be stacked with a new or existing machine.
- Our ice cubers are compatible with new and old KOLD-DRAFT machines with many parts being interchangeable between models.
- We offer one of the longest ice machine warranty's in the industry.
- As of 2010, all Kold-Draft ice machine models meet the California Energy Commission’s 2008 Building Energy Efficiency Standards.